The 2018 chapter of the Grand Prix d’horlogerie de Genève, has just announced this year’s roundup of jurors with plenty of familiar faces and a handful of prominent new additions.
Not counting the jury president, vice-president and the commissioner, the total number of members this year has grown from 2017’s 26 individuals to 28.
The commissioner’s role this year has gone to Régis Hugenin-Dumittan. He is the curator-director of the Musée International d’Horlogerie in La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland. The president and vice-president roles remain with Aurel Bacs and Gianfranco Ritschel, respectively.
New additions to the members’ line up are as follows:
- Carson Chan – Collector, Trainer and Head of Mission of FHH in Asia/China
- Carla Chalouhi – President of Arije International/France
- Sébastien Chaulmontet – Collector, watch creator, historian/Switzerland
- Gary Getz – Watch collector, photographer and writer/USA
- François-Paul Journe – Independent watchmaker/Switzerland-France
- Marine Lemonnier – Watchmaking communication expert/Switzerland
- Vincent Perez – Actor, film director/Switzerland
- Rebecca Struthers – Watchmaker, co-founding director of Struthers Watchmakers/United Kingdom
- Michael Tay, Co-group managing director of The Hour Glass / Singapore
Of course, it gives us great pride to see that our own Suzanne Wong has been called to be part of the jury yet again. This year, we also have Dr. Rebecca Struthers, watchmaker and co-founding director of Struthers Watchmakers — and a regular contributor to Revolution — added to the ranks.
While catching up with Dr. Struthers, shortly after the announcement was made this morning, she shared saying, “It’s an honor to have been invited to join the jury of the GPHG 2018. As a watchmaker, I am very much looking forward to getting up close and personal with some of the finest innovations in horology this year.”